The Indian Premier League is expected to continue as per schedule, despite some overseas players pulling out of the tournament due to personal reasons and bio-bubble fatigue.
“So far, it’s going on as scheduled,” the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president Sourav Ganguly told Sportstar on Monday.
While Ravichandran Ashwin took a break from the tournament on Sunday, to be with his family, Royal Challengers Bangalore’s overseas recruits – Kane Richardson and Adam Zampa – withdrew from the tournament to fly back to Australia. Rajasthan Royals’ Andrew Tye – who also pulled out of the league – said that he feared getting locked out of his own country owing to mounting quarantine cases from India in his hometown Perth.
Sources in England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and Cricket Australia…