“This year has gone for me,” was the terse reaction of former World No. 1 K. Srikanth after the last of the Olympic qualifying events, the Singapore Open, was cancelled on Wednesday due to COVID concerns.

“I had a chance of making the cut for the Tokyo Games to be held later this year if I were to compete in the Malaysian and the Singapore Opens (both cancelled). I have been working really hard to regain my peak form,” Srikanth told Sportstar.

“Honestly, I thought the Badminton World Federation could have planned the qualifying events in a country with better quarantine rules like they did hosting three back-to-back events in Thailand earlier this year,” he said.

“Travelling during the pandemic and undergoing quarantine for two to three weeks, having practice only for five to six days for a five-day tournament is never easy,” Srikanth said.

READ|
Saina, Srikanth set to…

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here